Sustainability Set 2 Reading Records
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Fletcher, Suzanne & Crimeen, Carole
Why Reading Records?
“Oral reading assessments provide a window into students’ thinking as they process written texts.” (Halladay, 2012)
The Reading Records provided in the Sustainability series are designed to be taken after the student has read the text in the supported Guided Reading setting.
Reading Records, when taken with fidelity, consistency and accuracy, can form the heart of the literacy programme. They enable teachers to:
- observe and understand change over time in students’ text processing system.
- group and re-group students for guided literacy instruction.
- match text to students for instructional purposes.
- inform next steps in instruction.
- identify students for whom additional instruction may be necessary.
- monitor student progress over time.
- describe student’s patterns of processing on text.
Consistent conventions are important if the Reading Record is to be used as a valid form of assessment.
Remember! The more reviews and thoroughness attached to your literacy the faster and greater the outcomes. Consistent reviews establish and correct errors early rather than letting these compound or impact later efforts. It is essential to maintain a consistent review process and make sure that your lessons are modified to correct inconsistencies. Children will be reading much faster and a lot more fluently.
Lastly, the Reading Records forms a communication tool with support staff, colleagues, executive and parents/guardians. All of these stakeholders want to know the progress of this child. The more the measurement the greater the accuracy and the better the outcome. This is a proven fact over many methodologies and systems - improvement comes from continual and steady reviews. Money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied with Reading Records - please let us know and we will refund you the cost of this book.
- Format: Paperback
- Series: Sustainability Set 2
- Publication Date: 01/11/2020
- Publisher: Knowledge Books and Software
- Subject: Literacy
- Audience: Primary
- Curriculum: Australian