Religion: Contexts and Expressions Queensland (Study of Religion for Queensland)
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Goldburg, Peta
Developed for the new Queensland syllabus, Religion: Contexts and Expressions is a complete resource package providing assessment preparation, engaging digital content, and vital teacher support to lead students to success.
Religion: Contexts and Expressions has been written by the principal author of Investigating Religion, Peta Goldburg, with activities and solutions developed by practising Study of Religion teachers.
- Students are well prepared for both their internal and external assessments through a host of questions and diverse activities that encourage students to move beyond the acquisition and repetition of facts and to develop a logical and critical approach to understanding the influence of religion.
- Two contemporary ethical issues are explored in Unit 3, providing students with the basis from which to launch further investigations in preparation for the analytical essay required in the Summative Internal Assessment 2 (IA2): Investigation – inquiry response.
- The Interactive Textbook brings the study of religion to life with video and audio content from a wide range of religious traditions to give students real insight beyond the religious texts.
- The Teacher Resource Package is a valuable source of planning, classroom and assessment material, including additional activities with suggested responses that explore the topics in greater depth.
What else to expect:
- Scaffolded activities throughout and at the end of each chapter have been prepared by practising teachers. The range of activities save teachers time in revision preparation and give students the opportunity to develop their writing skills in readiness for assessment. All activities are available as downloadable worksheets from the Interactive Textbook.
- Clearly marked activities identify which aspects of the inquiry approach they cover - Forming, Finding, Analysing and Evaluating.
- Chapter 1 provides a detailed overview of five world religions, giving context and a convenient reference point for the topics in each unit.
- The highly visual student-friendly text caters for a range of learning styles and abilities as it logically covers and integrates syllabus topics.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Publication Date: 27/04/2020
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Subject: Religion
- Audience: Secondary
- Curriculum: QLD