Cambridge Maths Stage 6 NSW Extension 1 Year 11
SKU / ISBN:
Author: Pender, Bill
CambridgeMATHS Stage 6 combines proven approaches to teaching and learning with innovative digital capabilities and complete syllabus coverage of the new Stage 6 courses to guide students to HSC success.
Proven teaching and learning approaches
Logical and manageable topic development is combined with graded questions, step-by-step worked examples, key point summaries and exam-style questions in an uncluttered layout that is easy to follow.
Carefully developed questions
Carefully developed, creative and rigorous questions help students understand concepts and develop mathematical skills. Questions are categorised as Foundation, Development and Challenge or Enrichment in the Advanced and Extension resources, assisting teachers in differentiating learning for their students. There are more carefully graded questions available for students looking for a Band 3 and 4 achievement and clearly differentiated enrichment material for those aiming for a Band 5 and 6.
Revision of prior knowledge included
Year 12 users have access to the Year 11 resources for revision, and Year 12 teachers have access to the Teacher Resources for the previous year. For Advanced and Extension, chapters revising essential prior knowledge are included where needed and a review exercise is provided for every chapter.
Exceptional exam preparation
Superior exam preparation support includes: questions in the style of the examination, investigations, and chapter reviews for every chapter. The Online Teaching Suite will include downloadable practice assessment and HSC practice papers with worked solutions (after publication of sample papers and support documents by NESA).
- Created by author teams with great expertise in developing textbook materials for NSW maths classrooms and backed up by Cambridge HOTmaths’ unrivalled digital technology, these new resources complete the new CambridgeMATHS Stage 6 series with the Year 12 texts for Advanced and Extension 1 & 2 courses.
- Clear and flexible pathways are provided by this series with a contiuum of learning resources from Year 7 through to Year 12 and advice on pathways from Stage 5 to Stage 6. All exercises are grouped into levels or categories, to support teachers in assessing the capabilities of students, differentiating learning and, where appropriate, extending students.
- All of the Year 12 syllabus dot points are covered in the Year 12 books.
- This series continues to support teachers with vital planning and assessment materials including curriculum grids, teaching programs, tests and quizzes, HSC practice papers and worked solutions.
- The Interactive Textbook and Online Teaching Suite, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths, provide a new level of digital support for teaching, learning, assessment and reporting through integrated digital resources and a powerful Learning Management System (LMS).*
*Note that the Interactive Textbook and Online Teaching Suite for Mathematics Extension 2 have limited interactive and LMS functionality due to the ‘pencil and paper’ nature of this course.
- Format: Mixed media product
- Series: Cambridge Maths NSW
- Publication Date: 20/03/2019
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Subject: Maths, Textbooks and Workbooks
- Audience: Secondary
- Curriculum: NSW
- Year Level: Year 11
We Also Recommend
Jacaranda Maths Quest 11 Essential Mathematics Units 1&2 for Queensland eBookPLUS and Print